Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Brownies top the favorites list for three of the five members of our family. However, we do not like them frosted nor do we like them cakey. Our brownies must be dense and fudgey and heavily dusted with confectioner's sugar. This recipe is adapted from the side of the Nestle Toll House Cocoa Powder Box . We made it fudgier by adding Hershey's syrup, yummier by adding chocolate chips and prettier by dusting them with snowy sugar. We like to call them Snowy Brownies.
1 2/3 cups white sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
2. Tbsp. water
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup Hershey's Special Dark Syrup
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray 9x13 pan with baking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, melt butter in microwave.
4. Stir in sugar and water.
5. Add eggs, vanilla and syrup. Stir until well combined.
6. Add cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
7. Stir well but do not over mix batter.
8. Pour into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
9. Allow to cool before dusting with powdered sugar.