Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cookbook Chronicles :: Grill It Magazine :: Absolutely Perfect Steak by Fred Thompson


When I turned the page of Grill It! magazine published by Fine Cooking and read the words, Absolutely Perfect Steaks, I  was interested. We actually don't grill much steak at our house.  Probably because we find it dries out more than we'd like and we just haven't found the perfect recipe.  But Absolutely Perfect Steaks?  This I needed to see.  Only five ingredients? My interest grew.  Melted butter?  Now I was convinced we needed to try this recipe.  

INGREDIENTS
4 NY strip steaks
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup melted  unsalted butter
8 tsp. kosher salt
8 tsp. freshly cracked pepper

Besides being very easy preparation, this recipe provides such specific grilling instructions that I felt capable of grilling it myself - something I rarely do.  The one thing we did wrong was grill it to his total cooking recommendation of 12 minutes.  Our grill must have been a little too hot because we would have preferred more pink.  Ten minutes max next time!  

Two other recipes I have dog-eared and look forward to trying in this magazine are Grilled Chicken with Goat Cheese and Grilled Scallops with Remoulade Sauce.

If you're looking for an easy, delicious, buttery moist steak for Father's Day, check out the entire recipe for Absolutely Perfect Steaks here and get grilling!




Cookbook Chronicles is a new series I am starting at Bake Me Away.  My shelves are loaded with cookbooks and food magazines that I need to use and want to share the results with you here on a regular basis.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I savor your comments and links!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...